With the passing of the Supply Chain Act, the introduction of the EU taxonomy for the classification of green investments, and the growing importance of balancing the so-called “Scope 3” emissions within the GHG Protocol, the life cycle perspective is quickly becoming present in the daily routines of business. In this context, the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) method is gaining importance. It enables a systematic assessment of the environmental impacts of products, processes, or services over their entire life cycle.
Companies unfamiliar with the LCA method often find themselves asking questions such as:
- What steps do I go through when creating an LCA?
- Which data sets and models do I need to calculate an LCA?
- How do I communicate the LCA results within the company and externally?
- How can I design my LCA to be compliant with the EU taxonomy?
- How can an LCA support the balancing of Scope 3 emissions?
We can answer these and other questions together with you in our LCA training courses. In addition to teaching the theoretical principles, an important focus will be on implementing LCA calculations, ideally using practical examples from your company.
The training content is customized to your requirements and can include, but is not limited to, the following building blocks.
- Theoretical principles (e.g. ISO 14040/44, ISO 14067, GHG Protocol Product Standard)
- Step-by-step creation of a sample LCA
- Guided preparation of an LCA in your company
- Establishment of processes and structures for an LCA creation in your company
- Requirements of the EU taxonomy for LCA assessments
- Requirements for emissions balancing of Scope 3 categories
Do you want to be able to keep track of the environmental impacts of your products and services throughout their entire life cycle? Do you need credible, science-based life cycle assessments without losing sight of the practical relevance? Would you like to understand your energy supply’s current and future environmental impacts more clearly?
We look forward to supporting you in implementing LCA analyses or accompanying you in the further establishment of LCA expertise in your company!
Selected projects and services:
- EU Taxonomy: Project for Training and Implementation of Life Cycle Assessments for the Evaluation of Green Investments
- Decarbonization Strategies (Only available in German)
- DekarbN – The Newest Network of the FfE is Ready for Launch! (Only available in German)
- Methodology for the Development of a Greenhouse Gas Reduction Strategy in the Industry (Only available in German)
- The Final Report on the Project Carbon Footprint of the CAPHENIA Process is now Published (Only available in German)